On Thursday, we won 55-50 in overtime! On Wednesday, we play a team called Sunshine in Montgomery, two hours away. We are going to have to pick our game up though because this team has an 11th grade girl that is the 2nd best player in Alabama, leads the state in steals, and Pat Summit has already been to look at her. But we are up for the challenge :)! Here is an article on last nights nail-biting game:
Donoho 55, Loachapoka 50 — Trailing by eight points with less than six minutes to play, Donoho rallied to down visiting Loachapoka 55-50 in overtime of their Class 1A Central Sub-Regional game.
The Falcons (21-5) will play Sunshine, a 48-25 winner over Billingsley, on Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the Central Regional at Alabama State in Montgomery.
The Falcons closed out play in regulation with a 10-2 run, sparked by a timeout by coach Shannon Felder with 6:13 to go, to tie the game at 48.
"I thought a lot of people thought we were done, including our girls," said Felder. "I told them if we worked hard, put pressure on the ball, we could create some turnovers and in three possessions we could be back in the ball game."
Donoho needed almost three minutes for its first points in overtime, knotting the score on a layup by seventh-grader Kendra Crawford. With 34 seconds left, Frances Barber put the Falcons ahead to stay with a basket from the paint after Cameron McMillan stole an outlet pass.
"Frances was behind me," said McMillan. "She was calling for the ball."
Jherica May made 3 of 4 free throws in the final 12 seconds to clinch the win.
Barber and May each scored 17 points and Barber had 10 rebounds. Kelsy Crawford scored 11 points and had seven assists.
Tomorrow is Mikki's first tournament, so I'll keep you updated on her! Until then, hope you all have a GREAT Valentines Day! Love you all! <3
P.S. Thank you for the comments! And as soon as I can fingure this whole blog thing out (it might be a little while before I have time) I will put links to everyones blogs on this one!!!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go girls! Good luck Mikki:)
Post a Comment